Department of Electrical Power Engineering ( EP ) provides and Electrical Powe Engineering education to our gratuate and post graduate students . The Department of Electrical Power Engineering has been established since the Government Technical Institute , Mandalay was open in 1955 . Department started Under Graduate program in the year 1995 and the Post –Graduation Programme was started in the year 2008 . Therefore , Department of Electrical Power Engineering of TUM is 63 years old in engineering education service.
” Nation Prosperity with Electrical Power “
The department excepts , with a view to develop the quality of the university of technology,make necessary research through cooperation of local and foreign companies that may give aids to the sectors concerned.
- In order to develop technology and economy of the state , the department excepts to train and produce skilled workers and inventors in vocational fields.
- To becomes competent teachers , to continuously study and learn.
- Bachelor of Engineering ( Electrical Power )
- Master of Engineering (Electrical Power )
Research Area / Field
- Power System
- Electrical Machine
- Electrical Machine and Control
- Renewable Energy
- Electrical Safety
Laboratories and Workshops
Laboratories and practical are important part of the Electrical Power Engineering curriculums. Department of Electrical Power Engineering has twelve laboratories:
- Electrotechnology Lab
- Electrical Masurement Lab
- Electrical Machine Lab
- Electrical Machine Control Lab
- PLC Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Electric Motor Drive Lab
- Power System Lab
- High Voltage Lab
- Electrical Wiring and Installation Lab
- Lighting and Illumination Lab
- Computer Lab